Our website and our social media channels offer users a space for reasoned debate and constructive criticism. We ask you to read and follow our netiquette guidelines when you join in discussions.
- Remember the Golden Rule: Treat others online just as you would like to be treated in real life. You are dealing with real people on our social channels: Read, think, click, and then post.
- Civility, respect, and tolerance are the core values of our community. Constructive criticism is welcome; insults, threats, and verbal abuse towards other users or third parties are not. Posts infringing this rule will be deleted. Allegations and defamatory claims that are supported neither by credible arguments nor verifiable sources will also be deleted.
- The discrimination and defamation of other users and social groups on the basis of their religion, origins, nationality, disability, income, sexual orientation, age or gender is expressly prohibited. Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the suspension of your user account.
- This page is all about the week-long festival celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Peaceful Revolution and the fall of the Berlin Wall. We reserve the right to delete posts on topics not relevant to the festival as well as posts containing commercial or promotional pitches and advertising.
- Discussions that drift too far from the original focus will be locked. This will also apply to discussions in which a majority of users are infringing these guidelines. In addition, we reserve the right to prevent users who seriously or repeatedly violate our netiquette from commenting on our social media channels.
- We request that users refrain from posting content for which they do not hold the copyright (videos, images, or texts). Content of this type will be deleted. We assume no liability or responsibility for comments or links posted by users.
- We take the protection of personal data very seriously. Please do not post personal or non-public data on our social media channels – including data relating to or sourced from third parties.
- We ask that you do not use the comment function to communicate with our editors as this can disrupt or derail ongoing discussions. If you have any questions, please send us a private message.